Unique Field Trips for your Class, Camp or Organization
Excused Absence Improv Shows and Workshops at ColdTowne Theater are an opportunity for youth and educators to experience original, live performance at Austin’s premiere comedy venue.
Improvised and interactive, each show is inspired by audience suggestions and volunteer contributions. Enjoy the show from the audience, or join us onstage when volunteers are requested.
Is your group focused on a specific topic? We are happy to create a performance based on a theme you suggest.
- Each show runs between 45 to 50 minutes
- The show will be designed for the age group you bring
- Our cast includes some of Austin’s funniest improvisers, all of whom are experienced performing for all ages crowds.
- ColdTowne seats up to 48 people
- The time and date of your visit is based on availability. Contact us soon to set up a visit!
Frequently offered in conjunction with a show, we love to share basic improv exercises and tools with new groups. Fast paced and hilarious, they complement the experience of watching a show, but are also a valuable and super fun stand alone experience.
- Two groups of 15 or less can be taught simultaneously. Though larger groups are possible, participants have more opportunities for participation with lower numbers.
- Workshops can run from 30 minutes to 2 hours, based on the group’s need.
- We are accustomed to working with groups as young as 4, all the way through adults. Because the curriculum differs between age groups, we always appreciate knowing who to expect!
Cost and Availability
Contact us at email@example.com or 512 809 0017 for cost and availability.