Early morning Improv Camps for Kids ready to get outside and make things up.
This summer, we offer week-long, outdoor Improv Camps at the Windsor Park home of ExAb Director Kristin Henn. Camp is held in the front & back yards and under the carport as needed. We’ve been holding classes and camps here for almost a year and feel great about our ability to create a safe, comfortable space for learning and creating.
- Outdoor camps are composed of small groups and are organized by age.
- These camps can be taken on their own or combined with afternoon, online camps. It is possible to add the online portion at a later time if spots are available.
- Camps are scheduled from 9 am to 11 am, Monday through Friday.
- Students must wear a mask and remain distanced from one another.
- Camp begins with a check in followed by Improv Warm ups and exercises to emphasize the day’s lesson.
- Water breaks are encouraged throughout, but we will take a 10 minute break specifically for resting, checking sunscreen needs and drinking at the one hour mark.
- The second part of the morning will incorporate the Improv tools we are building into games for performance, short scenes and storytelling.
Ages 8 to 11
High energy make ’em ups.
- Improv for ages 8 to 11 combines the movement inspired exercises of early improv with character driven games and scene work for supportive, collaborative creation. Details & Registration
Ages 10 to 14
Improv in Action.
- Tween groups are designed for Middle School energy and next level comedy. Ideal for performers who are spirited, supportive, open to collaboration and enjoy new perspectives. Details & Registration
Middle & High School
JUNE 7 – 11 FOR ADVANCED OR CONTINUING EXAB STUDENTS.
JUNE 28 – JULY 2 FOR ALL LEVELS.
HUMAN CONTACT, GUARANTEED.
- Tween and Teen Improv combines essential performance tools with the “yes, and” philosophy of Improv to create original characters, connections and collaborations. Appropriate for all levels, these focused camps balance focused learning with goofball tangents. June 7 – 11 Details & Registration. June 28 – July 2 Details & Registration.
Looking for other options? We gotcha!
Choosing the right camp for your child: Though suggested ages are listed for each class, we are all more than just the sum of our experience. If the age group or level you enroll your child in isn’t a good match, switching sections is often an option. Feel free to contact us at 512 809 0017 or email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
Trouble registering? Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512 809 0017. Thanks!