Excused Absence Comedy offers Outdoor Classes for kids, Teens, Families & More
Classes are scheduled in 8 week blocks. Check descriptions below to see when your next session begins. Established groups will renew at the original time with open spaces made available.
Great news! There’s been so much interest in Outdoor Improv, new sessions are being added! Check back as updates are made and registration links posted!
Improv at full volume
Improv in Action
Improv Outside, ages 12 and Up
Guaranteed Human Contact. Next session TBA. $145 Description & Registration.
Improv Outside, for ages 14 & Up
Pretty much the best thing you’ll ever do. Next session TBA. Description & Registration.
Improv for Families
Improv Outside for Families with Big Kids
Seriously though, you guys are hilarious. Times & Dates TBA. $145 Description & Registration.
Improv Outside for Parents & Caregivers
Flexible thinking and a “yes, and” perspective. Times & Dates TBD. $145 Description & Registration.
Improv Outside for Everyone
Guaranteed Laughter, at a distance! Times & Dates TBD. $145 Description & Registration.
About Outdoor Classes
- Faculty members and students ages 8 and over must wear masks if appropriate social distancing is not possible.
- Any exercise that could end in two students colliding or coming closer than 6 feet will require a mask.
- Maximum social distancing will be required during exercises that call for vocal projection.
- Classes have a maximum of 6 students and are taught by a single faculty member.
- Students who show signs of illness or who have been exposed to illness are respectfully asked to not attend.
- Bring a water bottle, bug spray and wear sunblock
- Classes meet 6 times with a 7th, bonus week scheduled for missed classes/extra time together, etc.
- Unless otherwise indicated, outdoor classes meet in the Windsor Park yard of ExAb Director Kristin Henn.
Why is there overlap in age grouping?
Good question! We are all more than the sum of our years and we want to make sure that students feel comfortable in the group they’ve joined. High energy kid with a burning desire to be heard? Go younger. Focused kid with an ability to share time? Go older. It’s going to be awesome either way, we promise.
Don’t see the day or time you are looking for?
Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 512 809 0017. We are happy to create new sections and learning pods as needed.